THE BEST MEATLOAF EVER!
My Mom's been making it for a few years now after seeing the recipe in a magazine and it is Amazing!
When you Google BEV'S FAMOUS MEATLOAF tons of different sites will pop up with her recipe! It is one of my favorite, favorite meals.
Here's the Recipe..
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 18 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine first 8 ingredients and 1/4 cup brown sugar in a medium bowl just until blended. Place mixture in a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish, and shape mixture into a 10- x 5-inch loaf.
2. Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Remove from oven, and drain. Stir together ketchup and remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar; pour over meatloaf. Bake 15 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°. Remove from oven; let stand 20 minutes. Remove from baking dish before slicing.
(Makes 10 servings , Total:
Picture from last weeks dinner. Without a flash and with, just for the heck of it.
So yummy! Try it :)